Tuesday, May 6, 2008

My Plan to CCIE - Part I (of many!) :)

Well... it´s true that I do not have all the time I want to study, and keep focusing on CCIE topics... (but... who does, right?!) and I´m felling kind "out-of-track" right now, but I´ll commit myself to a schedule and try to stick to it as much as I can, otherwise, CCIE will not be possible! I gotta start using any free hour I do have to get hands-on!

I´ll keep going through Doyle´s Book, while doing IEWB Vol. 1 and watching IEATC-RS-COD to get into the basics before proceeding to Full Scale Labs.

Right now I´m finishing the excellent Doyle´s OSPF and IS-IS: Choosing an IGP for Large-Scale Networks, IS-IS is not covered in the CCIE Lab, but OSPF is, and´they both have much in common.

So I´ll prepare a calendar with tasks, goals, and try to stick to it! This is the only way to make it happen!

Also, I saw many telling not to sticky to only one vendor, to avoid getting used to the way they ask you to do things. In a few months when I start my IEWB Vol. 2 I´ll look for that, right now, I´m in doubt between NMC DOiT Vol. 2 and Narbik Advanced CCIE Routing & Switching Workbook, I heard great things about both, and really liked the comments about Narbik´s Workbooks... BUT, on the other hand, I´ve heard about the challenge that NMC DOiT are... so... I´ll need to make a decision about that later on!

Maybe, and just maybe, I´ll be able to get both, but, right now I don´t believe so! One thing that may make my decision easier is that DOiT Vol. 2 is "downloadable"... Narbik Advanced CCIE Routing & Switching is not and that way it´ll go through customs, and I´ll have more, and more taxes to pay, so... I´ll think with care about that in a few months...

As you can see, I have much work to do!!!

No comments: